This is a list of resources of things which I find useful, want to find useful, have found useful in the past. If you have a resource which you would like to contribute to the list, let me know. This was inspired by Laura Deming’s Longevity FAQ.
Control And Estimation
- Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, Franklin. An excellent classical control resource.
- Good ol’ wikipedia
- Extended Kalman Filter, the Interactive tutorial
- Gibbs, Advanced Kalman Filtering, Least Squares, and Modeling: A Practical Handbook
- Wan, van der Merwe - “The Unscented Kalman Filter for Least Squares Estimation”
- [Kalman and Baysian Filters in Python] (https://github.com/rlabbe/Kalman-and-Bayesian-Filters-in-Python). A fun iPython notebook for exploring this.
- GPKit - A cool convex optimization tool for design. By the very wonderful and talented Ned Burnell.
- Intro to Linear Dynamical Systems (class). This is on my To-do.
- Algebra, Topology, Differential Calculus, and Optimization theory for Computer Science and Engineering. A massive tome from University of Pennsylvania which seems to cover most things in mathematics you might want to know as an engineer.
- A description of L-0 to L-Infinity norms
- Strogatz - Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos. Suggested by Laurens Gunnarsen, as well as Strogatz’s Cornell course with online lectures.
- Anderson - Introduction to Aerodynamics. “Everything you need to know about aerodynamics is in chapters one through four” - Damon Vander Lind
- McLean - Understanding Aerodynamics: Arguing from the Real Physics
- Learn You a Haskell for Great Good - a cute, approachable, simple introduction to Haskell’s subjects.
- Hoogle - You know, Google, but for Haskell.
- Stack - An essential part of the Haskell build system and package management.
- Operating Systems course in Rust. An operating systems course from Stanford. The course consists of writing an operating system from the ground up in Rust on a Raspberry Pi.
People who do really cool things.
- Shutter Clicks - Landon Carter, my undergraduate parter in bad decisions. Photographer, programmer, roboter.
- Equals Zero - Charles Guan, van/truck/robot/powertool/motorcontroller lover
- Build-its - mechanical/electronical/controls blog with impressive builds like the world’s fastest rubik’s cube solver.
- Isopack - Reverse engineer wizard, firmware whisperer, camera enthusiast
- Amy Qian - All around awesome maker
- Transistor Man - a weird guy I met at the MIT reactor once
- MITERS - a magical makerspace at MIT where I grew up as an engineer.
- Jeremy Trilling - a fantastic young maker I met while at Kitty Hawk.